I am interested in continuing my career where I can combine my interest in education, writing, culture and people.
June 2015 – August 2015 International House Boston – Junior Program Manager
- Manage all aspects of the five week Junior ESl summer camp program including hiring and training staff, organizing and booking activities, maintaining records, managing petty cash and ensuring the success of the camp.
- Manage all administrative tasks including filing, answering phone calls, and keeping staff and students informed about class and activity information.
- Created online survey with Survey Monkey to get feedback about the success of the camp.
- Deal with disciplinary issues with staff and students.
- Advise teachers about curriculum and activity issues.
September 2012 – June 2015 Istanbul Technical University – Writing Center Co-Coordinator and Tutor
- Meet one-to-one with students to discuss their specific problems with academic writing and help them recognize the areas which they need to improve.
- Give workshops on various academic writing topics (connecting words, paragraph, and essay).
- Prepare materials for small group workshops to help students who need extra help in a variety of academic writing areas.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of a new grading rubric for the school English proficiency exam.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of assessment standardization sessions for teachers.
- Assist in the day-to-day office work of the Writing Center including reports, website updates, social media updates and other documentation.
- Assist in editing student writing for the Writing Center e-magazine.
September 2009- June 2015 Istanbul Technical University – English Instructor
- Preparing and teaching lessons for English fluency including reading, writing, listening and speaking in classrooms of up to 35 students.
- Preparing and teaching TOEFL preparation courses.
Oct. 2008-Sept. 2009 EF INST – English Instructor
- Preparing and teaching general English lessons for a classroom with different levels and ages.
- Preparing and teaching business English classes for one-to-one and small group lessons.
- Creating own materials for interactive practice of grammar points and vocabulary to induce skill development in speaking, listening and writing.
Aug. 2007-Sept. 2008 Northeast Publishing – Sports Editor
- Interviewing and researching for articles in all sections of the newspaper, but specifically focused in the sports section.
- Taking and preparing photographs for publication.
- Laying out the sports section (appx. 8 pages) every week.
- Editing copy to meet a strict deadline.
Feb. 2007-Jul. 2007 Nova English School – English Instructor
- Preparing and giving English lessons for all age groups according to Nova teaching program.
Sept. 2008 – Oct. 2008, CELTA
New York Teaching House – New York City/USA
Adult English education training and teacher practice. Pass Grade B
Sept. 2005 – Aug. 2006, MA Creative Writing
Lancaster University Lancaster/UK
Creative writing workshop and thesis taught graduate course. 68 Pass
Sept. 2001 – May 2005, BA English Minor-Humanities
University of Maine at Presque Isle Maine/USA
Liberal studies core education with a focus on courses in literature and professional and creative writing. Also, classes in the arts, philosophy, French. GPA: 3.96